Friday, April 23rd
Overcast Clouds - Wind: 9.22 Mph
54.5 °F
Welcome To Bassing Bob Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Forum

Bassing Bob Forums

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brent Young
    Participant

Any information on the generation output? I believe if high, the fish move away from the shore. I don’t know what is considered high or low. I got the website which gives current amounts (http://apps.ameren.com/HydroElectric/Reports/Osage/HeadWaterTailWater.aspx) but now I need the ability to use it. Any help appreciated.

Steve Heitman
    Participant

I would say 1000-9000 low generation, 9000-14000 medium generation, 14000 and up high generation

Brent Young
    Participant

Thanks, does it follow that the higher generation,the more likely the fish back off the shoreline?

Steve Heitman
    Participant

No, not necessarily. Have caught them shallow and have caught them deep but they relate to points and long tapering points after the spawn it can be tremendous. See Jack Uxa article in the upcoming magazine do out shortly.

Brent Young
    Participant

Thanks Hawghunter91, I appreciate the help.

Derek Chance
    Participant

I went with Jack a few years back in June and the main lake point pattern was awesome. it seems that about June time (not sure on this year becaus it has been such a late winter and the lake is still down) they start generating heavily, like 20000-30000+ that puts the fish on the points pretty regularly. You might fish 10 points without a bite then pull up on one and find them stacked. it can be a blast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00