Sunday, January 17th
Overcast Clouds - Wind: 6.91 Mph
28.8 °F
Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Reports

Bassing Bob Forums

Home Forums Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Reports Hurricane Deck To Truman Dam. What Is Working? Ask For Advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hurricane Deck to Truman Dam. What is working? Ask for advice.

Mark Easley
    Participant

Fished from mm 39 to 43 this morning. Started at first light on main lake points and bluff ends throwing top waters. Had one pretty good blow up, but didn’t hang any thing. Worked my way to the back of a cove and caught two shorts on a frog believe it or not. (Being from Texas I can’t pass up flood grass on the bank). End up back on the main lake point. Caught 6 more shorts on a 100 series splatter back crank bait. They were right next to the back. Caught what I thought was the new lake record on a DD22. (It was a 8lb carp). One Walleye on the same bait. Finished the morning throwing a wacky worm up next to the bluff walls. That produced two more shorts. I threw a worm on the points with no luck. Nothing to brag about, but its better than being at work!!!!

Mark Easley
    Participant

Fished about 5 hrs this morning from MM 39 down to 36 MM. Fishing was tough, didn’t have any takers on the top waters. Caught one short fish off a bluff using watermelon Fluke. Got one small keeper to hit on a June bug worm, he was setting on a bluff end.

Last night starting about 11:30 I caught 6 Blue cats off the dock using night crawlers. They were in about 25′ of water and all weighed about a pound and a half.

Mark Easley
    Participant

Slept in this morning. Got on the water at 11:30′ and didn’t catch a thing in two hours. Tried big worms and a magnum shakes head. I am struggling boys. I live at 39 MM, if any body has any pointers for this area I could sure use the help.

Mark Easley
    Participant

Boy do I have a report for y’all tonight. I started fishing at five this afternoon. Started hit bluff ends with jigs, worms and a magnum shakes head. Got one small keeper to hit the worm at the first spot. At the next spot I caught about a four pound Flathead on the shaky head! I thought to myself “boy that doesn’t happen every day!”. Little did I know!!!. Pulled up on the next spot and started off with the worm again, and nailed another small keeper. Picked up the shaky head and on the second cast. I hung a monster! 30 minutes later, I hauled in another Flathead! This one weighed 19 lbs 2 ozs! I caught her on a 7′ rod reeled with 14 lb test. I am going to try to upload a video showing me land her. I didn’t have the GoPro rigged up at the start so I had to do it one handed, along with getting my dip net out! FYI, I brought her home for some pictures and let her go. I ended the evening throwing a spook and catching a couple more keepers.

Mark Easley
    Participant

I posted a pic of the flathead in the “a funny thing happened at the lake today” gallery

Aim I the only one fishing in this area?

Dave Bueltmann
    Participant

Mark, Welcome to Bassing Bob!!! Thanks for your post and pictures as well.

Here are a few suggestions. This pattern has been steady the past couple weeks with the warm water and little generation although they will be pulling water this week in the afternoons.

You may want to try just inside the main lake points in the afternoon if there is current in 20-30 feet of water. . If that is not working try a wacky senko on the ends and corners of docks that have wind blowing right on them or have shade. Also, to try a senko or medium diving crankbait around waive breaks. Also, if you know of brush piles try a big worm in the brush pile, especially either deep brush off points or deep 15-25’ or brush around docks. This is what has been working the past week or so. There has been some large weights in tournaments the past couple weeks catching bass on brush piles.

Mark Easley
    Participant

Bob, Thanks for the pointers. I have not tried the senko or crank bait yet. Thanks again for the reply I was starting to wonder if anybody was paying attention! Tomorrow I will post the results of my trip with Jack Uxa!

Mark Easley
    Participant

I fished with Jack Uxa on the 24th. We pretty much fished all day and caught several fish. We pretty much did most of our damage on points and brush piles. I think Jack would agree, we didn’t set the world on fire, but we caught some and had a good time doing it. I might be a little different than most folks, as when I go with Jack I am there to learn more than any thing. Jack is a wealth of knowledge about the lake and is more than willing to explain what, where and when as far as locating bass is concerned! The real high light of the day was watching Jack fight a 30+ lb blue cat he latched into on a point. I will post a picture of the big cat in the “a funny thing happened at the lake today” gallery! Thanks again Jack for a great day fishing,

Mark Easley
    Participant

Fished up around the 46 MM on the 25th. My wife and I caught several fish today. The biggest was a 4lber on a spook. Lori caught 5 including two keepers on a 7″ June bug worm. I know I am suppose to be fishing deep, but if I even think I can get a bite up shallow that’s we’re I am going.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00