Sunday, December 5th
Clear Sky - Wind: 11.01 Mph
65.2 °F
Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Reports

Bassing Bob Forums

Home Forums Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Reports Hurricane Deck To Truman Dam. What Is Working? Ask For Advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mark Easley
    Participant

Today I fished from 5 pm to dark down around the Hurricane Deck bridge. Got about 4 small keepers on the spook and a couple of shorts on a square bill. I have about decided you can catch fish up shallow, but your best 5 won’t mashed the scales much. I am going to put up the small rods tomorrow and only fish deep no matter what since its my last day here for a few weeks!!!!

Mark Easley
    Participant

Last week I was hunting Eland in South Africa this week the little green fish!!! I just crossed the state line and will be on the water tomorrow evening. I can’t wait to hear the zing of that buzz bait. Stay tuned for a report.

Mark Easley
    Participant

Fished from 5:30 to dark this afternoon, from MM 39 to 41. Caught a couple of swimmers and one small keeper. The keeper came off a buzz bait towards the back of a cove in about 5′ of water. I am going to fish in the morning, so hopefully I get them figured out then!

Mark Easley
    Participant

Fished this morning from sun up to 10:30. Ended up with 4 small swimmers and one small keeper that looked like he was on his last leg, or fin if you like. All the small ones came off of a 1.5 square bill. I threw a buzz bait and spook with no takers. Fished some brush with a big worm and that didn’t work either! I will get’em eventually.

Mark Easley
    Participant

Well, had to shut the place up for the winter and head back to Texas. I miss the lake already. But, lake Fork is only 45 minutes away. Not a bad body of water to spend the winter on. The Bass Champs Berkley tourney is next weekend and I can’t wait.

Anyway, I wish someone would post some reports from around the 39 mm! I will be up in January fishing with my buddy Jack Uxa see y’all then!

PS….keep up the good work Bob

Dave Bueltmann
    Participant

Mark, Have a good time in Texas. We are looking forward to your reports when you return. I am sure they will be good. Jack is a great guide. Here is a link to an article on the Big Bass Bash. Several members shared their reports from the BBB that cashed a check. A few of the reports were close to the 39mm http://www.bassingbob.com/resources/articles/article/cashing-checks-in-the-big-bass-bash/
    Dave

Mark Easley
    Participant

Thanks for the link Bob! Looked like the Bassing Bob website members might have a little leg up on the rest.

As for me the Berkley tournament on Fork was tough. The night before the first day a cold front blew in. And guess what! Florida strain bass do not like the cold. Out of 800 fisherman not a single “over” was caught. Fork is a slot lake so all fish must be under 16″ or over 24″. My dad and I ended up with several slot fish and one that was 21 1/2″ long. Talk about a heart breaker! The second day produced only 3 overs. It was a little warmer this day.

Well you boys stay warm, and save some for seed would ya!

By the way, I have a tentive plan to fish Falcon in February, if it all pans out I will let y’all know how I do!

Mark Easley
    Participant

Well my dad and I did make it down to Falcon last week. I wish I could tell you we knocked their lights out, but Mother Nature threw us a curve ball. We got down there and the first two days high was 39!!! I am telling you what, I don’t know how much more of this “global warming” I can stand! Water temp was 55. Those bass bass were locked down and weren’t going to eat or move for nothing! We probably should have went to the Mexican side, as I am sure everything was trying to get as far south as they could! We ended up with 9 fish, the biggest weighing 4 lbs.. Which is far cry from four years ago when we caught about 100 ranging from 2 to 7.
    I have to say though LOZ and Jack Uxa helped me down there. I caught two on a jerk bait down there. I didn’t know what a jerk bait was for until I started fishing LOZ last winter with Jack. Hell, that might have been a first for Falcon for all I know.

Well boys hang in there, it will get warm some day.

Mark Easley
    Participant

Well it’s good to be back! Got every thing opened back up today and hit the water for just a couple of hours on our way to Captain Ron’s for dinner. Caught one keeper and one short on a Pop-R. Just a chunk rock bank close to some spawning areas. I will hit it hard tomorrow evening and let y’all know how I do! Sounds like I need to make a trip to Fritz’s down in Osage first and get a black buzz bait and some shakey heads!!

Mark Easley
    Participant

Fished today from the 38 MM marker to the Hurricane deck bridge. I caught about 6 shorts today. 4 of them came off of a Yellow Magic in Tennessee shad. The other two came off of a pumpkin seed jig and a weightless watermelon fluke. Sorry I have not posted anything the last couple of days, but with the weekend and honey-doos, I just didn’t keep up with it. That being said, I haven’t really had anything to report. I can catch plenty off shorts early and late on the top water, but cant seem to figure out how to get the bigger ones. I have tried the coves with a jig, fluke and every thing else with no luck. Thinking back on it, it seems to me the lake is a lot cleared than it was this time last year. Does any body else think this is the case? I think I am going to start down sizing my baits and line a little bit and see if that helps. Any way, if there is anybody else fishing up this way, any help would be appreciated!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00