Sunday, December 5th
Clear Sky - Wind: 11.01 Mph
65.2 °F
Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Reports

Bassing Bob Forums

Home Forums Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Reports Hurricane Deck To Truman Dam. What Is Working? Ask For Advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mark Easley
    Participant

Just ordered my “Summer Time Patterns” DVD! I will be at the lake for the next 2 weeks and look forward to checking it out on a rainy day! I might post a report on it! You guys go check out the store. There is a lot of good stuff in there, and we need to make sure the site gets enough support to keep going! I fish a lot back home in East Texas, but I have to admit this lake can be a little intimidating. There is just so many docks, the water is clearer, I ain’t ever thought about “current”! Any way, this site is a wealth of know ledge, and I hope it stays around, it has sure helped me in the down right insane, endless search for those little green fish!!

Mark Easley
    Participant

Does anybody that has looked at these posts fish in this area???

Brian Hansen
    Participant

Mark, I fish this area a few times a month. I have found main lake points/bluff ends and the inside of main lake points to be most productive. I have been throwing 3/4 – 1 oz jigs and big worms in 15-30 of water. I seem to be catching bigger fish this way. I will be coming down Thursday so I will send a better update after the weekend. I am going to give those marker buoys a try to hopefully keep me on the sweet spot of the points Good luck!

Mark Easley
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! I have been pretty much doing the same thing. I need to start trying the inside of the points though. I guess I have been over looking those spots. My best bites have been on the bluffs also, that have the wind blowing straight in on them.

Anthony Johnson
    Participant

Anyone been out on the upper end lately? I am at the 75 and just getting my boat back together after blowing a compressor so I haven’t been out at all. If anyone has some tips to share I am all ears.

Joe Arnold
    Participant

. 12lbs in a small tourney a week ago. winners used Buzzbaits shallow rocks–bass had their nose on the bank about 1/2 way back in coves. We used square bill cranks in pockets off main lake with breeze blowing in with shad–all of ours came this way. You can always fish windy docks for exciting kentuckies action, but that won’t will you a tourament.

Anthony Johnson
    Participant

Thanks ranger360v. We aren’t doing any tournaments but want to try to get on some fish. This site is pretty sweet but the river channel fishes quite a bit different it seems and I am just starting to get back into chasing bass. When everyone says 1/2 way back in coves. Is that all coves regardless of size? Deer creek is pretty big for the area compared Durock, turkey, etc.

Joe Arnold
    Participant

1/2 way is for any cove regardless of size. I look for the largest concentrations of shad and determine if they are all the way back or just 1/2 way back. Once you see the shad schools on the surface notice their size. we caught larger fish that were near the larger gizzard shad

Anthony Johnson
    Participant

Fished a couple hours on Friday evening and about 6 on Saturday with only 3 keepers. Water temp was low to mid 50’s and I didn’t have much luck finding any shad or catching anything in deer creek, knobby creek, or cardinal cove(75-72 mm). The three keepers came from points between the 60-50 mm when I gave up on the river. I seem to be struggling a bit trying to figure out the river bass. Anyone do much fishing up the river this time of year? I was surprised but I didn’t see any boats till I got near the 50 mm.

Joe Arnold
    Participant

The fish in our area of the river move alot. I fished sunday and also did not see alot of shad—probably due to the wind. Then i watch the birds and try to work those areas a little more. The reason you did not see alot of boats is because the fish aren’t biting very well in the river and alot of guys are in the woods–deer season is on us. Most boats I saw and talked to were crappie guys

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00