Wednesday, March 3rd
Clear Sky - Wind: 3.44 Mph
58.1 °F
Welcome To Bassing Bob Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Forum

Bassing Bob Forums

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bob Chesnut
    Participant

Was that major league fishing or the Jason Christie show in PB2.

Brian Hansen
    Participant

haha!
    While it was a bit disappointing watching one of my favorite anglers pick apart pb2, I completely understand his logic and did what he needed to do to win.
    He does this for a living. Sponsors want to see him win and 95% of the viewers watching don’t know that’s the biggest release area on the lake.
    MLF should of worked with local tournament directors/conservation and made that off limits like every tournament.
    It was still fun to watch and look forward to seeing the other anglers on different parts of the lake!
    He probably needs to call Marcus and thank him for a few of this 4/5 pounders!!

Brian Hansen
    Participant

*** his 4/5 pounders

Richard Reyburn
    Participant

Lost some of my respect for the show for allowing anglers to weighing in 12 inch fish on a lake with 15 inch length and also allowing fishing inside pb2.

Bob Chesnut
    Participant

Couldn’t agree with you more drumking. On the second episode in the gravois I don’t the six of them had 10 keepers between them. It’s not real hard to go down the bank at lake of the Ozarks and catch 12 inch fish.

Richard Reyburn
    Participant

Round 3 was the best so far.

Bob Chesnut
    Participant

MLF looks bad on lake of the ozarks.14 ounce dinkos on sinkos. It seems to me nobody can put a pattern together to catch keeper fish. This show doesn’t teach anything on fishing,just six guys pounding the bank for 12 inch fish for a two hour show. Any average joe at the lake would blow these guys away. They also need a lesson on landing fish and how to hold on to a fish. I never seen so many 12 inch fish land on the carpet

Anonymous

Call the director,maybe you can show them how it’s done!

Bob Chesnut
    Participant

Never said me. But since you brought up the director somebody should tell him the rules of a length limit in Missouri. Any fish under 15 inches in lake of the ozarks shall be released unharmed immediately. Not hung from a scale to see if it weighs 14 or 15 ounces. If you think it’s a great show that’s your opinion, my opinion is different. The show does nothing to promote the lake area.

Brian Hansen
    Participant

This is a different format than a normal tournament… and it has been this way since the show started. They didn’t change the length rules because it’s LOZ, it’s been that way at every lake they have fished regardless of the state length regulation for keepers. This is a tournament, and unfortunately the format is set up to show off quantity in a lake. It’s much easier to catch 20-30 1lb-2lb fish than it is to find the quality 3+lb bite it normally takes to win on this lake for a five fish format (and very few sticks at the lake can consistently do that). It still has shown some nice quality bass being caught as well…
    I consider myself an average Joe fisherman and fish tournaments consistently. I can tell you first hand I don’t think I would have won any of the rounds. To catch 35-45lbs of bass in June is pretty good especially in that kind of pressure on an unfamiliar lake to most.
    This program is showing the beginner/average angler how to get bit and have fun fishing at the lake. I’ve never thrown a drop shot on the lake, but it showed me if you want to get bit in tough cir***stances that it’s a great weapon. Also, I didn’t realize the quality/quantity of fish that are still shallow like both episodes did in the very back of the Gravois. I think it shows that if you want to get your kids/family out fishing during the summer at the lake, you can catch a lot of fish (I think I heard LOZ has a record number of fish caught for MLF??). Just another great reason to come to the lake for a family vacation.
    This show is all about fish care. I don’t think weighing a fish hanging from a lip clamp is any different than a fisherman lipping a fish. This is very quickly done and they are gently placed back in the water. Do you bend over and gently drop a short bass in the lake?? I know I don’t, and neither do the guys a fish with. I think there’s more harm flinging a fish back in the lake from 7ft + in the air (probably doing several flips) than being hung from a lip clamp for 20-30 seconds and gently placed in the water.

Last but not least, we all have different views and I respect that. If you don’t like the show, that is 100% okay, this is just my opinion as well.
    I know a lot of hard work went in for the Lake to get MLF. I think everyone involved did a great job!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00