Sunday, December 5th
Clear Sky - Wind: 11.01 Mph
65.2 °F
Welcome To Bassing Bob Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Forum

Bassing Bob Forums

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Steve Galczynski
    Participant

Someone other than Bassworld needs to start holding more night tournaments. The fishermen and women are growing tired of that association and still want to fish in night tourneys! There is money to be made that other people are losing!

Bob Chesnut
    Participant

What’s the problem with bass world sports? I don’t fish their tournaments in the summer because I think its to hot to drag a fish around in a live well.

Steve Galczynski
    Participant

Poorly ran and un-organized!

Eric Dearduff
    Participant

i would totally agree with you on this how many guys showed up last sat 8-5-17 for bassworld tournament and found they had cancelled i saw a number of boats there in lot —-they always make u fill out the forms to the letter but cant take the time to send out a text to all members like other circuits —-guys driving down there had no idea —–no it was not great conditions —-but better than 105 degrees that the 1st time i think ihave seen that in a night tournament in my 25 years —i can remember many times taking off in black and green skies with lighting coming when there was 80 to 100 boats on the water for bassworld ——guess this was motivated by financial reasons
    and i agree some circuit needs to pick up the night circuit here and run with it its a untapped market if done properly
    anglers in action years back ran 3 of them and had success but do not belive they could fit it into their schedule of events
    bassin bob would be perfect i belive he could generate the buzz for 50 plus boats per tournament

Steve Galczynski
    Participant

Fished their tourneys for years and have grown tired of the long waits for checks, the rudeness of the organizers, the buddy factor. Finally decided to just not fish with them anymore. From the number of boats they are drawing, it seems that we are not the only ones that feel this way.

Derek Chance
    Participant

There are short half nighters nearly every day of the week all summer.
    Monday – Larry Gale
    Tuesday –
    Wednesday – PB2
    Thursday – Coffman
    Friday – not every week but Osage bait and tackle hold several
    Sat. – many open club tourneys, check regattas

Eric Dearduff
    Participant

I HAVE ASKED OSAGE BAIT AND TACKLE IF THEY WERE DOING THERE FRIDAY NIGHTERS NUMEROUS TIMES THEY SAID YES BUT AT THIS POINT IT DOESNT LOOK TO GOOD

WHY DOESNT BASSIN BOBS CONSIDER RUNNING ONE ON FRIDAY NIGHT EVERY OTHER WEEK IN CONJUCTION WITH FITZS FISHING FROM 7 TO 1 LIKE THEY DID WAS ALWAYS A GOOD DRAW WITH THE LOCALS

JUST A IDEA

Bob Bueltmann
    Participant

Triton10, thanks for your input. Just a question, if we held a night tournament on a regular basis, how many boats do you think we might draw? Probably wont do that this year, but will consider next year. What would you think if we did a monthly night tournament starting in May, Friday night’s through August and then have a championship tournament in September. Just like winter bass challenge, the Championship would be just another tournament for everyone, but we put 10% aside from each tournament for a championship pot, based on total weight for all 5 tournaments? Or would you all prefer to have something every other Friday? I will check with Wayne, James Dill – Crock-o-Gator and Randy w Anglers in Action to see if they would like to partner on something like this that we can do in somewhat of a big way. Thanks so much. Bob

Eric Dearduff
    Participant

i believe you guys could draw 35 to 50 boats if people know you guys are the one behind it —just take in consideration camden county local club draw nearly 50 on there opens
    the point system even sounds graet just because most of the time its the same guys every all nighter or friday nighter

just your guys good reputation at bassin bobs would allow you to have a good number of boats

as long as tournaments are scheduled in conjuction on good nights were i know there is a small ampount of day tournament on sunday that it might interfe with
    i fish all night tournaments regularly i belive you guys are on the right track with that idea just because you do well in the fall winter probaly would be a good niche for the nights in summer

great idea if the local shops come on board to could get big at one time bass world used to draw over 100 boats at night at there prime

Mark Myers
    Participant

If Bassing Bob or anyone else for that matter considers night tournaments, I would hope he considers Saturday nights versus Friday nights. Not all interested parties can get off work and get there on Friday nights. Saturdays would provide for a much larger field of boats, beyond just locals.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00