Wednesday, March 3rd
Clear Sky - Wind: 3.18 Mph
48.5 °F
General Bass Fishing Discussions

Bassing Bob Forums

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Jarrett
    Participant

Anyone have any suggestions for quality rain wear. Bibs & jacket. I have been looking thru reviews and different brands, but am not seeing much that wouldn’t break the bank. Sometimes you get what you pay for, but other times you can find a good deal. Been looking fairly seriously at the cabelas bass angler jacket & bibs ; also bass pro Xperia or frogg toots toad skins. Gotta find something better for this upcoming season. Was using frogg togs pro action suit, but got my butt soaked during the big bass bash. Max budget is about $250, but would like to keep it under $200. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

Derek Chance
    Participant

Whatever you get try to get Gore Tex. I have the BPS 100mph bibs and parka and it is well worth the money. But if you are on a specific budget try to find it used. I know sites like bassboatcentral.com forums have used rain gear listed often for good prices. I would also look at the BPS pro qualifier or the Cabelas Guide wear. Check ebay, craigslist, etc. for used if need be to get quality gear. it is worth it to not be cold and wet.

Brian Jarrett
    Participant

Thanks Derek. I’ve been looking at the Cabela’s guide wear bass angler jacket and bibs. Been seeing good reviews on them and they’re on sale right now for almost $100 off each from normal price. Anyone else use these?

Rich Callison
    Participant

I see your budget amount, I just bought the 100mph suit and it’s the best. Don’t know what I did without it. Try to find it used like suggested.

Brian Jarrett
    Participant

Thanks Richard. Lots of choices so little money. Definitely want the best I can get for the money. Want to be able use them year round with layers underneath in winter and not burn up in them in the summer if needed.

Brian Jarrett
    Participant

Just definitely want a set that will keep dry regardless of how hard its raining.

Nick Digrino
    Participant

I like the BPS Pro Qualifier bibs and jacket. You can “layer up” which makes them relevant pretty much year around. If you are close enough to the Springfield BPS catalog outlet store (next door to their regular store) you can sometimes pick them up for less than half price.

Brian Jarrett
    Participant

Thanks Nick, Derek, and Richard on the advise and recommendations. I did check out the forums on bassbotcentral.com and they were helpful as we’ll. I also checked craigslist and eBay, but didn’t find anything listed for sale. I decide to give the Cabela’s Bass Angler jacket & bibs a try. They were on sale for over $100.00 off on each and that just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. They are Gore-Tex and lots of good reviews from both Cabela’s and bassboatcentral. They definitely look like there not nearly as warm as the Guide Wear Extremes or the BPS 100 mph suits, but look to be well built. Bought them at least a full size bigger than needed for layering purposes. Will let y’all know about the fit and get ya a full report once they come in. Now I just need the weather to cooperate a little so I can get out and test them.

Derek Chance
    Participant

sounds like a good deal. I think the biggest thing is to be sure you got Gore Tex. Keep us posted on how they do.

Brian Jarrett
    Participant

Will do. Hopefully I’ll be out on the water by the end of this month.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00