Wednesday, March 3rd
Clear Sky - Wind: 3.18 Mph
48.5 °F
Welcome To Bassing Bob Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Forum

Bassing Bob Forums

Home Forums Welcome To Bassing Bob Lake Of The Ozarks Bass Fishing Forum Testimony Web Site And Jan Montly Report

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rich Callison
    Participant

It took me a little time to decide to pay the money for the Pro membership. I figure the information that would be provided would probably be filled with BS. I’m a good fishing better than avg., but not the caliber of Roger, Wayne, Jack, Jim,and Ben. Roger before I go further, I just won’t to tell you what I great son you have (you must be so proud), and he sounds like a pretty good partner also. I just watch the Jan report you guys are doing a terrific job This is the best Web Site for fishing I’ve seen. The information you’re providing to the avg. fisherman is just all some. Thanks! and please keep up the good work. I’m going down to my boat and re-weight my jerk baits and tie on smaller jigs.
    PS! You need to put a Mic on Roger are tell him to speak up. LOL
    Bob,how unique a job were you can go fishing everyday, report on your findings, and hopefully makes some money. (can you say I wish I would thought of that)

Bob Bueltmann
    Participant

Rich, it is great to have you as a pro member. Thanks for your comments regarding the site. I sincerely hope that the site will bring fishing value to you and all members. And yes, I pinch myself, often I think, wow, it is Tuesday at 10:00AM and I am fishing….life is great!!! Thanks Rich.

Derek Chance
    Participant

Keep up the good work Bob. Just wish I could fish more….

Jim Burt
    Participant

Agree completely with your web-site ****ysis: fished 3 hours today around Tan Tara. Winded secondary points, bluff ends, interior brush, 45 degree banks with jerks and jigs. Not one bite. Willing to admit it’s my fishing prowess not the fish but good Lord is anyone else having to struggle? JB

Rich Callison
    Participant

JimBurt1, I understand since the first tournament were I had 3 keepers, I’ve been out 4 different days total of about 26 hrs. including tournament Jan 11. I’ve caught 1- 2lb crappie. I was catching fish until water temp got to around 40 and things just shut down for me. I’ve been doing all the things suggested, got 5 jerkbait rods with different colors and jigs 3/8-1/2 -and 3/4oz all COG. I’ve got so frustrating went home to St.louis today. Good Luck maybe we can get one of the pros involved in this post. Roger ,Wayne, Jim, Jack were are you.

Bob Bueltmann
    Participant

Great input guys. The bite is tough for everyone, even the experts. I think its a combination of the temps and no significant draw down of the lake which still have the fish scattered. Plus their belly’s may be full from all of the slow dying shad :). I will poll the experts now and see if I can get some suggestions and post here. Stay tuned……

Bob Bueltmann
    Participant

Just polled my experts regarding suggestions for this tough bite. Here is what they have to say:

Wayne Fitzpatrick- fish are backed off the banks due to drastic change of water temp and draw down of water. Fish a jig in 10′-25′ of water in brush piles.

Jack Uxa – slow down your presentation, use the wind whenever possible, set your expectations correctly as you may on get a few bites a day, however, they will turn on once everything stabilizes. The fish are picky, so adjust your colors, they don’t have to eat right now, so they will be picky about bait/color and presentation. Also, be sure you are fishing water that has some bait fish near by.

James Dill – With the changes in water conditions, the fish will back off either into brush, on a rock pile of just suspend in water that is comfortable for them which could be 12′ – 15′ or deeper. He suggest fishing brush piles slowly with a jig, A-Rig running along the bottom and also to try bluff shelves as they may warm quicker.

Seems to me the common theme here is to fish slow and fish off the banks. However, as things stabilize the fish will get back to normal which could be any day now. Stick bait is not much of a factor for the deeper fish, but we should continue to test that bite.

I hope this helps, Bob

Derek Chance
    Participant

Wow, Great post Bob! that is great information right there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00