Wednesday, December 11th
Clear Sky - Wind: 6.93 Mph
50.8 °F
Missouri High School Bass Fishing

Bassing Bob Forums

Home Forums Missouri High School Bass Fishing Tips For Starting A Club

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Derek Chance
    Participant

I teach Junior High school and was approached by some students about getting a club started. I agreed to guide them and help them out. Right now we are meeting after school some and fishing when we can and sharing. Does anybody have any ideas or activities etc. These kids are mainly pond fisherman but will get to the lake with adults some. They are stoked about learning bass fishing though

Walter Malmstrom
    Participant

I’ve been an advisor to a high school team for 2.5 years. We try to get out fishing when we can, but it doesn’t always work. When we can’t fish I talk to them about things like tackle organization, knot tying and how to read a lake map. We’ve also watched videos from pros on youtube. The thing I try to do the most is practice casting. That is a skill that can’t be practiced enough. We practice in the gym with weights but no hooks. Sometimes they stand on chairs to simulate being on a boat deck.

The hard part I’ve found is I assume they know things about fishing that I’ve known for so long. I started out by asking them what they wanted to learn about and went from there.

I hope this helps you out a little. Good luck.

Derek Chance
    Participant

Yes thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO (only $45/year)
Cart 0 items - $0.00
Cart 0 items - $0.00