Wednesday, March 3rd
Clear Sky - Wind: 3.44 Mph
58.1 °F
Crappie Fishing

Bassing Bob Forums

Home Forums Crappie Fishing Where Are The Crappie Reports?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josh Tucker
    Participant

I have been checking this site for 2 weeks now and havent seen much reported on the crappie. Where is everyone finding them right now? Best arm, depth, structure type, etc…

Bob Chester
    Participant

I have been finding them on the North Shore side of the Lake back in the coves anytime there is a South wind blowing. They have been schooled up on shallower secondary points where you can find wind directly blowing on them, especially in the afternoon. The fish haven’t been right on the banks but probably in 3-6 ft. of water. I use a 1/8 oz jig with a big hook and a 2″ slabilicious Strike King bait.

Josh Tucker
    Participant

Thanks for the info! Im planning to skip work a few days this week and hit the water. Hopefully I can find em good. If not, its still better than working!

Nick Unnerstall
    Participant

Did ya find um?

Josh Tucker
    Participant

I did, but it took a while. Hit about 10 different spots (all with wind hitting them) that normally have crappie stacked on them and a few did but wouldnt bite! Hit another spot out of the wind just inside a main lake point at around 1:30pm and caught em every cast! It was like that time of day a switch flipped and they started feeding.

Jd Mac
    Participant

Is anyone catching crappie on Loz? It’s been pretty dead for me the last 10 days. Before the big green wave hit the Lake, the crappie bite seemed to be picking up. There seemed to be a thermocline being established. Went trolling with Bandits last Thursday, and scored a total of 4 crappie in about 3 hours. Pretty poor. Also fishing dock beds vertically with nice minnows, and not much action. This time period in the summer the bite on minnows is usually pretty good. Not a dock shooter, so don’t know what’s going on with that. Maybe there’s some action with that.

Dave Dzurik
    Participant

caught some nice crappie today by the 4mm on the main channel. fish suspended in 50 fow under condo docks. Pitched blue grass color bobby garland baby shads tipped w crappie nibbles. the fish were about 15′ down.

Dave Dzurik
    Participant

Caught some nice crappie up in the far end of Gravios this weekend during the bass tourney. I trolled cranks, s****s and crawler harnesses. I caught fish on all of them. Find the fish and they will bite. Follow the baitfish. Captain Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00