The Boat Wrx Winter Bass Challenge registration is now live! You can register here at:


Saturday, September 30th
Clear Sky - Wind: 5.01 Mph
89.6 °F

Bassing Bob-Robins Resort Winter Bass Challenge January 11 Thursday, January 9 Update


Saturdays forecast is a low of 32 and a high of 48 degrees, partly sunny and a slight wind of 7MPH.    These temperatures and winds are ideal for catching some big LOZ hawgs on the jerkbait and jig.    It should also be a pleasant feeling day for the fisherman.   Not only will you feel comfortable , there should be no freezing on your rod guides/reels and the fish should be moving shallow to feed.

While we are still monitoring the weather this week, today, Thursday the 9th, the weather was in the mid 30’s and overcast.   I was very comfortable on the water with a few layers of clothes, gloves for running and a hat with ski mask for running.

Lake Conditions

Today Wayne and I fished the 7mm – 9mm,   Water temperatures were from 37-40 degrees, very similar to the Glaize and mid lake area.   The water in that area is slightly stained.   The coves and creeks in this area have some ice in the backs of, however the ice is receding and some cove are completely ice free.   There will be plenty of water to fish for the tournament this weekend.

Ramps and Parking

Robins Resort continues to work diligently to be sure that their ramp will be open to launch boats, their ramp is totally clear right now.  Robins also has about 20-25 spaces to accommodate boat trailer parking.   To accommodate as many boats/trailers as possible, we encourage you to un hitch your trailer and park your vehicle in the Robins Resort parking areas.

PB2 this morning (Thursday) was still frozen with thin ice, however the ice has receded about 30 yards from yesterday and we currently anticipate that PB2 will be available for launch on Saturday.  We will post a mid day (Friday) update regarding PB2.

The roads, parking and the ramp at PB2 are plowed and open, so all we need is the cove to thaw.   Many have asked me about Phi Hi Se, however, this will not be an option as DNR has no plans to plow the roads, parking or ramp.

Here are a couple of options for consideration of accommodating a many boats as possible (which will maximize all payouts);

1). Put your boat in Friday night, unhitch your vehicle and park on Robins condo parking lot.

2). Register or send BB and email at or and let us know you plan to fish and desire to put your boat in at Robins and park trailer at Robins.   We can then get a closer count and see if any other accommodations need to be made.

3).  Put your boat in on Friday night and put boat in slip overnight, park your trailer back home if local or hotel/motel and drive your vehicle only to Robins Saturday morning.

4). While not a perfect option, Shawnee Bend Access is totally open.  Ramp is clear and parking lot is clear.  Only 11 mile cruise to Robins from Shawnee  Bend Access.   Put in there Friday night or Saturday morning about 7ish.

5).  PB2 will be clear by then, which I currently handicap at about 50/50.   I will check it out tomorrow and Friday and provide you all a report.   As stated, I think this is 50/50 shot right now.

6).  I am working on some other options, so just plan to come and lets all figure it out and have a fun tournament.   Bassing Bob will provide you with shuttle service if you have somewhere within reason to park your trailer.  Just give us a heads up and we will work diligently to be sure that you are at take off with plenty of time and that you are not stressed.

Stay tuned for updates tomorrow.   The big ones are biting and this weekend, the bite should be great for the hawgs.      We hope that everyone can make it and that we have a great tournament.


The Highways are free of slush, snow and ice as of Thursday from St Louis to lake of the Ozarks.  Pics of 70 and 54.

Below are also pics of the roads leading into PB2. More pics will be loaded of PB2 water conditions on Friday mid day.


Create a FREE Membership Upgrade to PRO
Cart 0 items - $0.00
Cart 0 items - $0.00